Shiloh’s CastLight® custom die casting solutions can provide a full line of advanced engineered products in both aluminum and magnesium. Additionally, we offer high ductile castings integrated with stamped body-in-white (BIW) components, delivered as a complete assembled system.
Our wide-range of die cast capabilities can:
- Optimize your design and integrate components into a single casting
- Leverage aluminum and magnesium for lightweighting
- Reduce assembly time, complexity and overall costs
CastLight® Process and Solutions
Shiloh is the global leader in high-integrity, high-vacuum, high-pressure die castings, providing high ductility in aluminum and magnesium. Our advanced processing strategies address a variety of casting wall thickness ranges:
Shiloh manufactures our castings with multiple aluminum and magnesium alloys including standard materials along with high-purity, high-ductility alloys for custom engineered casting solutions.
Once casting is complete, we can also provide these secondary processes:
- Testing: Pressure and leak testing, X-ray for part integrity, dimensional checks
- Heat Treatment: Material strengthening including T4, T5, T6 and T7
- Machining: Matched set serialized traceability; standard high tolerance requirements
- Assembly: Spot welding; laser welding; TIG and MIG welding
- Finishing: Parts washing; deburring; e-coat, painting, alodine and chromate conversion coating